I've had so much fun playing with a technique I have not tried for a while . I found it somewhere on the web but it was a while ago and I cannot remember where .
The technique I speak of is quite simple but oh so stunning .
Here's what you do :
Stamp onto window sheet using Stazon Bllack / Stazon White / archival black ink , heat set .
Flip your piece over to the back
Mix some reinker with some crystal effects and paint onto your stamped image .
Then , while still wet sprinkle over some Dazzling Diamonds glitter .
Allow to dry
Trim image and it's good to go onto your card front or tag .
First I tried the dove image , stamped in Stazon White , then painted with CE mixed with Pool Party reinker for the bird and Mint Macaron for the leaf . Amazing how it looks like it's been painted in Mint Macaron but it's actually Pool Party ! This was set onto a circle cut from Pool Party.
I mounted this onto a salt technique background . I've used Lost Lagoon , Island Indigo and Night of Navy and then used glue spatter to add some Dazzling Diamonds glitter .
Next I used the poinsettia image from the Reason For the Season stamp set . I stamped this image onto my window sheet using our Archival Black ink , then I heat set it . This time I used Cherry Cobbler. Cucumber Crush and a Crushed Curry reinkers and decided to try Gold Stampin ' Glitter and oh my it looks amazing ! I wish you could see it in real life !
I decided it didn't need too many embellishments so the card layout is quite simple but elegant , don't you think ? The strip of Red Glimmer paper was only added to cover up a little red ink smudge sssh don't tell anyone it'll be our little secret !
Then I started thinking about what else I could use for this technique and decided I'd really like to try a butterfly but was really not sure how to go about it . I had to change things around a bit because there wasn't a current stamp that I wanted to use but there are the Butterfly thinlits !
Here's what I did .
Cut a filigree butterfly from Black glimmer paper .
Cut a butterfly outline from window sheetusing the Bold Butterfly framelits .
Adhered my black shape over the window sheet .
Flipped it over , mixed my colours and went ahead and painted it - this time I added the glitter as I finished each colour because I didn't want it to dry out before I was done.
I used Bermuda Bay , Wild Wisteria and Pink Pirouette .
I cut another butterfly outline from the Whisper White card front .
Stamped the leaves in Wild Wasabi from the the stamp set Serene Silhouettes .placed it over the Basic Black card base in the position it was to go
Drew around it in pencil to mark where the framelits needed to go
Removed the W. White piece and cut the Basic Black base .
Took a piece of Vellum cardstock and adhered it to the back of the card front - making sure I placed some glue using the fine tip glue pen to the back of the butterfly so the it would stay in position
I will run a class using this technique and will have more details at a later date .